Neutral Expert Services in Computer Technology and Business Cases
When technology and business disputes cannot be resolved between the parties and they are headed to or already in litigation, the use of neutral expert services can prove to be beneficial to all.
Parties have found that substantial savings are possible when they jointly engage a neutral expert to:
- compare source code for evidence of trade secret misappropriation or copyright infringement
- examine disk drives for the presence of proprietary information
- provide objective, early neutral evaluation of claim constructions, infringement contentions, and invalidity contentions
- conduct a mediation to settle cases in which technology disputes are key
Dr. A. J. Nichols of Probitas has provided all these services and more to assist parties in the early stages of their claims and defenses, and throughout litigation.
Judges and Arbitrators have used Dr. Nichols as an advisor to:
- explain technical and business issues to them and provide clarity
- review orders for technical accuracy
- perform special investigations to determine compliance with orders
- act as a Special Master to decide discovery issues and resolve other pre-trial or pre-arbitration technical issues